Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I don't kn ow about polman, but I don't have time to facebook or twitter

I work by email, the forums and depending on the situation - phone - flip phone or landline - no smart phone
ok what is your email

·
9,490 Posts
Nah, don't really do FB. latebird and myself can try to guide you in troubleshooting as much as possible online.
How about some pics of the starter.
Check the ID tag for make and model will help too.
Sounds like you may need a starter if it won't turn the engine over.

·
9,490 Posts
Ok, probably a ATA 110 then... A, B or C. There's lots of YouTube videos and wiring schematics online if you search. It could be as simple as the starter chain rusted up and not moving freely. You'll have to pop the cover off to see.
I see latebird is on it as I was typing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
FLIP phone... Really? My 70 year old neighbor converted to a smart phone last year, so you are officially the last one ;-) Seriously, Latebird, it’s time. The Waze app will replace your GPS and route you around traffic slowdowns, the Storm app will give you instant weather forecasts, the Gas Buddy app will allow you to compare gas prices at local stations, most banking apps will allow you to deposit checks without going to the bank, and on and on... forget about Facebook and Twitter, I agree they’re annoying, but there are many other useful things available on a smartphone that will improve the quality of your life.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I spend 20 minutes to an hour on my flip phone out of an 18 hour day - how much time do you spend on the smart phone? Gas buddy? 2 cents per gallon will not sway my decision on where to buy fuel. If gas buddy will tell you where to get non-alcohol fuel, then it might be helpful, but I use puregas.org to find out where to get gas. My wife has a smart phone and I spend more time on it than she does - what am I doing with it? Installing the things she wants and finding things for her. Last night she asked me how to assign a name to a contact - I told her, she handed me the phone and said, "put Helen on this number and Val on this number and Dr. Scott on this number....... She said she needed names not just numbers. My phone has numbers, is blue tooth and I can make calls with it. I get text's too, but can't read them without reading glasses, so I answer and send text's on my laptop. What's you phone number so I can read your texts, view you gallery and track you? If you bank with your phone, I can get your bank account number (which doesn't do much for me, but if I can determine what bank you use and get their routing number, I can pay my bills with your account. If you don't believe that, give me your bank account number and your bank's routing number and I will make a 10 cent withdrawal from your account. I can also put money in your account, but I wouldn't do that.

Where was your smart phone made? I'll bet the Chinese have all that info. Give me your driver's license number and date of birth and I can find your address, what vehicles you have, your social security number, the names of your family members, their addresses and your medical history. There is no doctor/patient confidentially - when you get a drivers license, you grant the state access to all your medical records. But the younger generation accepts technology and embraces it - it was my generation that created it, but we didn't intend for geeks to exploit it to spy on everyone.

I was attorneys who wrote the terms of service that no one reads and if you don't accept the TOS, you can't use the APP. What is an APP? It is a program. Some are free and some are not. The free ones are not free, they bombard you with advertisements and distribute your information so others may bombard you with ads too. My flip phone never displays an advertisement and does not interrupt me constantly. The computer is bad enough, but it is a tool.

Rant over (done that is)

·
Registered
791 Posts
I spend 20 minutes to an hour on my flip phone out of an 18 hour day - how much time do you spend on the smart phone? Gas buddy? 2 cents per gallon will not sway my decision on where to buy fuel. If gas buddy will tell you where to get non-alcohol fuel, then it might be helpful, but I use puregas.org to find out where to get gas. My wife has a smart phone and I spend more time on it than she does - what am I doing with it? Installing the things she wants and finding things for her. Last night she asked me how to assign a name to a contact - I told her, she handed me the phone and said, "put Helen on this number and Val on this number and Dr. Scott on this number....... She said she needed names not just numbers. My phone has numbers, is blue tooth and I can make calls with it. I get text's too, but can't read them without reading glasses, so I answer and send text's on my laptop. What's you phone number so I can read your texts, view you gallery and track you? If you bank with your phone, I can get your bank account number (which doesn't do much for me, but if I can determine what bank you use and get their routing number, I can pay my bills with your account. If you don't believe that, give me your bank account number and your bank's routing number and I will make a 10 cent withdrawal from your account. I can also put money in your account, but I wouldn't do that.

Where was your smart phone made? I'll bet the Chinese have all that info. Give me your driver's license number and date of birth and I can find your address, what vehicles you have, your social security number, the names of your family members, their addresses and your medical history. There is no doctor/patient confidentially - when you get a drivers license, you grant the state access to all your medical records. But the younger generation accepts technology and embraces it - it was my generation that created it, but we didn't intend for geeks to exploit it to spy on everyone.

I was attorneys who wrote the terms of service that no one reads and if you don't accept the TOS, you can't use the APP. What is an APP? It is a program. Some are free and some are not. The free ones are not free, they bombard you with advertisements and distribute your information so others may bombard you with ads too. My flip phone never displays an advertisement and does not interrupt me constantly. The computer is bad enough, but it is a tool.

Rant over (done that is)
Double Ditto! There’s a small sick part of me that looks forward to an electronic frying solar flare!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Double Ditto! There’s a small sick part of me that looks forward to an electronic frying solar flare!!
LOL, you guys are hard cases (sorry to hijack this kid’s thread). Sorry to break it to you, but the phone isn’t necessary to get all the info you described. All you need is a name, approximate age, and state of residence. Been Verified will give most of what you describe. The banking info is likely on the dark Web, not because of the phone, but because of the debit card or credit card you used that some hacker downloaded along with several million others. My point is that all of your scenarios are already reality without the phone. It’s a sad statement of the times we live in. I’m in the tech industry, so I’m well aware of the weaknesses of tech and potential for abuse more than most because security is part of my job. I assume the abuse is there and protect myself and my family accordingly with encryption, two factor authentication, etc. You can largely control the interruptions, but the tailored ads are pretty much uncontrollable because of browser cookies, broadband providers selling data, etc, so you can’t escape it if you use any kind of computer. So you can either be exposed and not benefit from the good side, or you can be exposed and benefit from the good side. Not having a smart phone will not protect you, but I’m obviously not going to change your mind. But when you do finally succumb to the dark side, please let me know so I can use you as an example to the next guy I have this conversation with. We assimilate them all....eventually ;-)

·
Registered
791 Posts
LOL, you guys are hard cases (sorry to hijack this kid’s thread). Sorry to break it to you, but the phone isn’t necessary to get all the info you described. All you need is a name, approximate age, and state of residence. Been Verified will give most of what you describe. The banking info is likely on the dark Web, not because of the phone, but because of the debit card or credit card you used that some hacker downloaded along with several million others. My point is that all of your scenarios are already reality without the phone. It’s a sad statement of the times we live in. I’m in the tech industry, so I’m well aware of the weaknesses of tech and potential for abuse more than most because security is part of my job. I assume the abuse is there and protect myself and my family accordingly with encryption, two factor authentication, etc. You can largely control the interruptions, but the tailored ads are pretty much uncontrollable because of browser cookies, broadband providers selling data, etc, so you can’t escape it if you use any kind of computer. So you can either be exposed and not benefit from the good side, or you can be exposed and benefit from the good side. Not having a smart phone will not protect you, but I’m obviously not going to change your mind. But when you do finally succumb to the dark side, please let me know so I can use you as an example to the next guy I have this conversation with. We assimilate them all....eventually ;-)
Do they have an App for a Solar Flare? I guess my better days are behind me, but when I was young we only had “reality”. It was kinda better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Do they have an App for a Solar Flare? I guess my better days are behind me, but when I was young we only had “reality”. It was kinda better.
Absolutely! It’s called Solar Alert: Protect your Life. Unfortunately, it’s probably more likely imminent that some yahoo rogue nation is going to detonate a nuclear bomb in the atmosphere producing an electromagnetic pulse that will have the same effect on electronics. Invest in Gold and Guns just in case ;-)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Absolutely! It’s called Solar Alert: Protect your Life. Unfortunately, it’s probably more likely imminent that some yahoo rogue nation is going to detonate a nuclear bomb in the atmosphere producing an electromagnetic pulse that will have the same effect on electronics. Invest in Gold and Guns just in case ;-)
Only your phone won’t be working!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same issue on my sons first quad. Had to replace the whole wiring harness. It came with everything for 35.00

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
OK - now we are getting somewhere - can you find the VIN and or model # - it's an ATA110 - current models are B/B1, B3 and D/D1

If it's an older model, parts (except body) are still readily available - most TaoTao's do not need a battery to run - only to run the starter motor

If you have the starter motor working, disconnect the black wire with the white stripe from the CDI - this will eliminate the kill circuit (if it has spark and starts, you cannot kill the engine until you ground the blk/wht wire.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts