Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a 2001 scrambler to buy my question is this he said the owner her bought it from disconnected the oil injector wich is fine i dont mind mixing the gas but i heard this was done by putting a plate down to stop it. what he told me is that theres two cables coming down from the throttle and the one was unhooked so he attached a spring to it so the throttle was easy to operate and would come back easily . is this ok and how should it have been fdisconected? thanks.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
that's fine. some people when they do the disconnect will buy a single throttle cable to get rid of the dual setup. Too bad everything is not there , it's a pretty trouble free system

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome to the form....You dont need a block off plate just dont put oil in the oil tank i premix mine 40:1 the 1st time you forget youll be doing a topend.
I rebuild as a hobby if i can help just ask..

·
Registered
1 Posts
90cc scrambler 2000?

I was given a 90cc scrambler by a cousin for free. It was running when I received but quickly developed a lack of power issue / stalling issue. Not knowing what was causing issue, I brought to some local mechanics (not Polaris dealer) who weere able to get the ATV running better. Unfortunately, repairs were not long lasting and would soon resurface. This went on for 3 or 4 repair visits. Carb cleaned but not replaced, stator replaced, gas changed, oil res was leaking, bught new resovoir but never installed, pre mix instead. Starter relay was installed, but I still need to kick start. While I woould like to have a fully functioning machine, I'll settle for one that starts and runs. It would be nice to have elec start and oil injector and resovour replaced, but I won't pay for these until machine runs better. I'm $800 into repairs for this free machine and would like to see smiles on my kids faces, not frowns. I have read about gasket issues, crimped or clogged fuel lines, old/bad gas, does anybody have suggestions??? Newbie in need

1 - 7 of 7 Posts