Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got another 2cycle 1995 scrambler 400. Doing maintenance and first time i tried tp.remove thr red knobbed dipstick it wouldnt budge. Got mean with it and the knob crumbled and broke off. The plastic threads are still tight in the crankcase and the metal stock is poking out.
Anyone havr this happen before???? How do i get the rest of it out?? Took a pic i trying to post

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant get ahold of it

The plastic body of it is broke off flush or slightly below the crankcase...

This is a dumb question but the dip stick thread aare regular clockwise-in threada right? They arwnt reverae are they?

Here is a picture. The dipstick body is the red plastic

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
okay well that would be your engine balancer oil dipstick and the only other dipstick that u would have is a transmission dipstick, and no sir the threads on it are regular lefty loosy righty tightey. i would try vice grips and all else fails i would drill two little holes on each side so that they are horizontal to each other and then would try to stick something into the two little holes and then un screw them but remember to not get anything into the hole itself because that wouldnt be any good.
RUBEN
IF have any other questions message me as i have the exact same atv and i have done just about everything that there is to do it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok.... FINALLY GOT IT OUT! Tried the 2 screw method but it kist broke more out of the center... So i got an easy out crammed in that hole amd it finally came...

Brings me to my next question.... What is the thread of the oil guagae disptick??? The plastic one is obviously not great amd new ones are like 25$ !. I thinkk i will make one in my metala shop.. Anyone know the pitch/ thread??????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts