Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:Thinkingof_:Hello, new here: I have an 02 sportsman 700. I have a bad cv boot on outside right rear. I have everything apart but can not get the cv joint apart. I have the tech manual and when I spread the ring apart and smack it, nothing. I have tried PB blaster, wd 40 and 2 lb sledge. No luck. I also tried to remove the entire half shaft but it won't release from the tranny. Pried and pried...no luck. I am sure this isn't a new prob.....

I am looking for any Techniques that might be out there.

thanks.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Bud they both have compression rings that hold them in...your just going to have to put alittle more into it...try a large screw driver or a spoon and pry....if you can't get it out...take off the inner cv boot clip and slide the bearing out of the housing.but be careful you don't loose any bearing....rap a towel around the inner bearing...and you can always regrease the inner cv and replace the cv boot clamp...its cheaper then breaking the shaft or damaging the trans housing......Muddie49

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it out

After a week or so of PB and WD and prying. It poped right out yesterday the way it is sappoda. Thanks for the input. Thant half shaft was really rusted in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts