Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help please 05 700efi sportsman

I was out monday all was well and about after 40 minutes I noticed a loss of power and rattling sound coming from the fly wheel / stator area almost sounded like a bad valve tap. When I stopped my battery light was flashing and the bike seemed real hot. I tried to turn of the ignition and it wanted to start back up like the starter was still engaging, even when I pulled the key out! After the ride of shame and we got back to the camp site I started it back up and it seemed to be running fine, no battery light and no noise, now I didn’t ride it I pulled it in the shed….. I threw a 45 & 41 code which is an air sensor & invalid gear... Dont think that has anything to do with it. If it was the stator I would think I would have charging problems? any Ideas what this could be?????

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off welcome to the board!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK…. I think I have narrowed it down to 3 possibilities, the solenoid the starter or bendix. When I start the quad, the starter does not disengage, like the quad is running but the starter is still engaged even if I turn it off it still tries to start. Or could this be a short?? I cant afford to just start changing parts. Please any help would be GREATLY appreciated! This is a 05 sportsman 700efi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts