Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Can someone tell me what these two error codes mean:

Some background: This is a 2017 570 Utility. Machine wouldn't start, but dash panel powered up in first key position. Thought it was a solenoid or bad ignition switch at first. Then I determined it was (I think) a bad hydraulic brake switch; the switch is very difficult to get to, so I have not replaced it yet.

I bypassed the brake lever safety by jumping a switch across the leads from the solenoid to the brake switch. Everything works fine, but if I hold the brake lever and start the bike with the push button, the check engine light comes on with these error codes.

If I start it w/o holding the brake lever, no check engine light; I assume these codes are related. I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing any damage to anything with the bypass.

Thanks,
Lou

·
Registered
2019 Polaris Sportsman 570 SP
30 Posts
I’ve had the 520230 31 code. That was simply just a bad connection to the EPS unit. Try cleaning them out. The other one I haven’t had before but likely similar. Check your throttle body sensors. I had the wiring harness run thru at the throttle body.

I dislike that there is a 520229 code and a 520231 code but no actual 520230 code in the manual. Makes you guess.

this is what my throttle body section of the harness looked like after 1500km
90EBAAE9-6DF1-40F8-922C-BCC6D9708D0F.jpeg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll take a look at the EPS connection and the wire routing by the throttle body.

Lou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts