Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have something on the center pod behind the headlight, opposite side of the key that is broken off.... My ATV idles fine when it is warm weather, but anything under 60 degrees causes it to cut off as soon as I let off of the throttle... I THINK that this may be the choke?? Anyone know?? 2000 Sportsman 500...

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! Do you think I need to take it off and take it to the dealership or would they just know what I am looking for?? I would think that the safe bet is to go ahead and take it off....?>

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
is it broke?

you shouldnt need to take anything in to them. Assuming it is broke or misssing, you sound like you are in need or parts for it.

The entire choke lever and cable is part number 7080726 and is $58.95
You will also probably need the nut if it is missing. Part number 7080229 and is $9.59

If you just need the choke lever itself, that is part number 2200188 and is $11.98

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ok, I went to the dealer and got the lever, then when I got back to the house to do the fix, I found that the choke switch is actually a small rectangular enclosed "box" that I can't get into without breaking it open (I don't think)... Does this mean (1) the guy didn't sell me a 2000 model and (2) I am going to have to replace the whole cable/switch etc.?

Look at the photos attached.

Thanks in Advance....

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool. Thanks. I figured the whole cable would now need to be replaced. I can't find a way to open the little box without busting it... Is it a hard replacement or does the cable connect pretty easily or do you know?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts