Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my daughters 2008 trail boss 330 sat all winter. I went to fire it up and it would not start. I checked and sure enough the carb was gummed up. I cleaned the carb out and let it sit in seafoam. The I took an airhose and cleaned it out. Then I sprayed carb cleaner in it and cleaned it again. Then I took the jets out and sure enough after all that the low speed jet still had a piece of trash in it. so I cleaned it out. After all that it ran good that day and then back to not wanting to start. I took it apart again and cleaned it out. There was nothing in the let this time but after cleaning it out again in ran ok but not great.

So today.... It would not start at all. I took it apart and cleaned it AGAIN and this time there was nothing in the jet. It would barely idle and if I touched the gas it would shut off instantly. so I don't know what else to do. I have done all I know how... any ideas?????

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Drain the fuel tank and fill it with fresh gas and replace the fuel filter. If it gummed up the carb you can bet the fuel tank and fuel filter are gummed up too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts