Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2000 335 sportsman that my daughter ran into a tree. She wasn't hurt , but the quad suffered minor damage to the plastic and a little to the frame. Nothing major. The problem I have is now the quad wont start. It did start right after the accident but ran rough, like the timing was off. I pulled the flywheel because I thought it sheared the key and that's why the timing was off. The key was fine. I now have no ideas now as to why it wont run. Oh yeah she hit the tree head on so the damage was in the front end. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi I have a 2000 335 sportsman that my daughter ran into a tree. She wasn't hurt , but the quad suffered minor damage to the plastic and a little to the frame. Nothing major. The problem I have is now the quad wont start. It did start right after the accident but ran rough, like the timing was off. I pulled the flywheel because I thought it sheared the key and that's why the timing was off. The key was fine. I now have no ideas now as to why it wont run. Oh yeah she hit the tree head on so the damage was in the front end. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Check the wiring up in that area, may sure nothing was pinched or cut. if not that then check to make sure the carb wasn't jarred loose and is leaking air now or a ripped boot etc. Does it sound like it maight be an electrical thing? are you getting spark?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put it back together and it seems to be getting intermittent spark at best. Meaning, it sparks every fifth pull or so. There is a terminal block up front but everything seems to be connected and no pinches. But its also real dirty so I cant tell 100%. Now I am leaning towards an electrical problem. The carb is fine, its not loose or anything. The spark coil dosnt appear to have been damaged either. I wonder if I can find an electrical diagram for that terminal board..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts