Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,
I want to use the prewired cables that came with my Sportsman for the 2.5 Warn Winch. I have found the cables and all the wiring so that is good.
What I need to know is exactly how does that cable attach to the Warn #62135 four post contactor. The wires from the battery are formed together and I can not for the life of me figure out how they go on. Can someone let me see a photo of the connector on the contactor.Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in Advance

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just cut that plastic off and bolt them down. Red to red and black to black. There should be a blue and yellow also? And don't forget the other end of that red isn't hooked up it's just loose by battery from factory.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
318 Posts
Don't mean to thread jack but does anyone know if a 2005 Sportsman 800 is pre wired for a winch?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Find what two are power in and see if they line up, I know mine were not held together with the plastic. If they do not line up, just use a hacksaw blade and just separate them. On the contactor they are color coded, two in two out then two smaller wires for the switch. You could also use a VOM to find out by actuating the solenoid.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Does the xp come prewired?

2013 850ho
Only the 9s and early 10s before they moved the battery to the front.

I did not have to cut anything on my 800 touring (pre wired) to put my warn rt 3000 on.

·
Registered
295 Posts
look at your contactor the studs have colours on them red black on one side and blue and yellow on the other side you don't have to cut the plastic they will align with the studs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Problem Solved

Thanks to everyone for the inputs.
I finally just cut the plastic piece and bolted them up to the contactor.
Now I have to replace one of the CV boots in front and tune the carb and all will be right with the world.
Thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts