Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted opinions on my 2019 sporstman 570 im a big man about 300lbs im having issues with clearence in rear I adjusted the rear shocks as stiff as they can go and even now when riding i only have maybe 4-5inches of clearence in the rear and its wheelieing really easy?

·
9,419 Posts
Wanted opinions on my 2019 sporstman 570 im a big man about 300lbs im having issues with clearence in rear I adjusted the rear shocks as stiff as they can go and even now when riding i only have maybe 4-5inches of clearence in the rear and its wheelieing really easy?
EPI HD springs

·
Registered
12 Posts
You may have something figured out by now but, I tried the EPI HD (I'm pretty sure that's what they were) springs and wasn't impressed. I'm about 320 and they still bottomed out on my 800. I ended up going with a set of Ranger springs. They are factory Polaris springs but a lot heavier due to the cargo capacities of the ranger vs the sportsman.

I took the shock and all the clamps, bushings, shims, etc. to the dealer and asked that they work with me on finding one that fit. They were very good with spending the time to make it work. I got lucky, a lot of dealers couldn't bother with helping the customer.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
You may have something figured out by now but, I tried the EPI HD (I'm pretty sure that's what they were) springs and wasn't impressed. I'm about 320 and they still bottomed out on my 800. I ended up going with a set of Ranger springs. They are factory Polaris springs but a lot heavier due to the cargo capacities of the ranger vs the sportsman.

I took the shock and all the clamps, bushings, shims, etc. to the dealer and asked that they work with me on finding one that fit. They were very good with spending the time to make it work. I got lucky, a lot of dealers couldn't bother with helping the customer.
What year and model ranger???

FYI for anyone needing a heavier duty rear spring Highlifter makes springs for the sportsman's that have a higher spring rate then EPI. But some have commented that it's to stiff. So it's all about that balance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Go with elka stage 2. They custom make the shock spring based on your riding weight and mods. Pricy but better than factory ride. I weigh 270

1 - 5 of 5 Posts