Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my first polaris and the winch doesnt come with wiring(pre-wired)but where is the blue and yellow wires for the winch in the harness?and does anybody have a picture to go along with instructions?thanks for any help on this for i have a brand new polaris 500 HO WITH 2 MILES ON IT AND IT IS SITTING HERE TORE APART..

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
the blue and yellow wires should come inside the box with the winch. im not sure if you are havig trouble getting the wiring down, but in reality it is really pretty easy. i drew this crappy wire diagram on microsoft word, but it shows the connections.

which winch did you get? do you have the OEM PN# for the kit? was it the polaris 2500# winch? i should be able to get a PDF file of the instructions for the winch off of the dealer site and email them to you i just need to know which winch you have

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

glad to be here.i've never had a polaris before but i think i'm goin to like it alot

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wiring a winch ain't too bad. Wire switch to a hot wire (I used an ignition wiire that was only hot with the key on). Long wires from the seloniod go to the winch. Short wires go to the battery. If you test it and the winch run backwards just reverse the wires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts