Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my sportsman sat outside for 2 years and i think the transmission is lock up or something. i thought it was the rear brakes so i took the rear caliper off and that didnt help. next i took the cover off were the belt is and turned the rear pulley by hand and the rear tires spun it was hard to turn but they did. but we i take the jack out and set her back on the ground and its in neutral it will NOT roll:gruebel: but like i said we i turn the pulley were the belt is it will move. what do i need to do please HELP hope this makes sense
THANKS
-odie22

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
with the cover off,and with the wheels off the ground,you tried it in reverse as well as forward?? is this why it's been sitting for 2 years?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no it was running when i stop ridding. with the cover off i can rotate the seconday pulley and the wheels will turn. do i need to turn the prumary? now when i rock the rear wheels it sounds like the trans is locked up but when i turn the secondary with my hand the back wheels will turn in gear or not. hope this makes sense
-odie22

1 - 6 of 6 Posts