Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a polaris 2012 550XP snorkeled tires radiator blah blah... someone claimed today that is i ran my atv in deep water i water it would leak in where my axels connect. is there any truth to this? i was under the impression when i snorkeled it and ran all my hoses up to the head light that waterproofed it up? he claims it was made to keep oil in but not to keep things like water out. i find this hard to believe considering if water could get in where the axels connect so could mud dirt etc. if he is right is there anyway to keep water and debris out?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'll call BS..... Really(?).... "keep oil in but water out"?? How is that possible? As Oil wicks better than water, by nature.

These systems are sealed designs. But if your concerned, you can always change the differencial fluids after wheeling deep! This would be something good to do irregardless!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have always change front ant rear diff regularaly as well as oil. it didnt sound very logical to me.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Sealed is sealed. Snorkels don't do anything for axles. We ( almost ) all drive thru water up to the axles now and again.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts