i have a 2004 polaris 500 atp i was trying to adjust the throttle cable and now i have no idle when i turn the screw the rubber casing on turns and bunches up am i suppose to hold a certain spot and then turn the screw? :chairfall:
So after pulling back the boot you also loosened the jam nut at throttle block right? Here are complete instructions:
1. Slide boot off throttle cable adjuster and jam nut at
2. Place shift selector in neutral and set parking brake.
3. Start engine and set idle to.
NOTE: Be sure the engine is at operating temperature.
See Idle Speed Adjustment.
4. Loosen lock nut.
5. Turn cable adjuster out until engine RPM starts to
6. Turn cable adjuster back in until throttle lever has
1/16" (.16 cm) of travel before engine RPM
increases. Be sure ETC switch plunger is held
inward by throttle cable tension.
7. Tighten lock nut securely and slide boot completely in
place to ensure a water-tight seal. Hope that helps!
A forum community dedicated to Polaris ATV owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Rangers, Sportsmans, Scramblers, Magnums, and others. Research modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!