Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the route I had to go to get Ngk plugs for my 1000..which comes stock with Autolites but they cross over to the same plugs as an 850. Here's the Mercedes part number if anyone wants it. Not one parts place near me could even order the right ngk. That includes carquest ,napa ,advanced auto & auto zone

Attachments

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Thanks...I know I will be looking for it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a NGK ILZKAR7A10 or stock # 6043
with a Mercedes logo, I know some people get them from amazon but I wanted it the same day

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If its the same plug as an 850 then the iridium NGKs are ILZKAR7A10; standard NGK is LZKAR7A. I ordered mine through O' Reilys Auto Parts, only took 3 days to get them and $13 each!

Edit: you replied before I refreshed the page lol.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I am not understanding the Plug thing
I have not had any problem sometimes I don't have time to warm it up then the next time I warm it up to long I drive slow I drive fast, what is the problem anyway
I ask my dealer about it and he said there has been no problems, he said I can sell you them expensive plugs if you want them, but not necessary, but he said I carry them because some people think they have to have them

·
Registered
190 Posts
A while back I got some bad gas I got it from a gas station I usually don't buy from I usually run 100% gas with no ethanol the other gas station was closed so I went deer hunting the next mornin it was like 12 degrees it ran rough wouldn hardly run it all sifled it out when I got home it was jelly like so I got all I could out put good gas n it ran some heet in it for 2 or 3 tanks it helped it alot but it still idles rough and sputters when u first give it gas but then it runs smooth as it ever did. I think it may fouled my plugs a little may not have but I guess it's worth a try

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not had any problem sometimes I don't have time to warm it up then the next time I warm it up to long I drive slow I drive fast, what is the problem anyway
I ask my dealer about it and he said there has been no problems, he said I can sell you them expensive plugs if you want them, but not necessary, but he said I carry them because some people think they have to have them
I did not like the way the stock plugs looked. It did not seem like the end was long enough over the electrode

Attachments

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

Is this the hotter plug everyone runs n the 850? I'm gonna get new plugs for mine and I wanna go with the plugs everyone runs and likes

Assuming its the ILZKAR7A10, then yes, but make sure you check the gap on each one. Should be .035 or .036 IIRC, its in the owners manual.

Since the HO models came out there's been lots of the threads on here about people cranking them, moving a few feet and turning it back off. Or some in really cold places just idling it for a long time. They run rich stock and the plugs aren't getting hot enough at idle to burn off the carbon build up. ...and then some hate the brand that's in there and yada yada. I personally have had no problems with NGKs in my vehicles, like the fine point on the Iridiums, was at almost 100hrs and 1200 miles and had the bike torn apart, so went ahead and changed the stocks to NGK Iridiums.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ok thanks

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will say this...I do not think the 1000 ' s run rich...I think they actually run lean...After looking at my stock plugs I did not do any air box mods

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I will say this...I do not think the 1000 ' s run rich...I think they actually run lean...After looking at my stock plugs I did not do any air box mods
You may be right about that; only time will tell as more of them get delivered into the colder regions. What's the stock plug in a 1000; brand and heat range?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Just wondering if the plugs helped your top end miss or did it go away on its own...I haven't had mine wound up that far yet to see if its there.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I haven't changed them yet...will do it tomorrow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts