Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO FORUM, I LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA. I HAVE A 09 SPORTSMAN 800 HO WITH 28in. 589's ON SS212 ITP. WE RIDE IN BUSCO BEACH,NC.,WELCH,WV. AND CAROLINA ADVENTURE WORLD,SC. I'VE BEEN RIDING ATV'S FOR ABOUT 4yrs. AND I LOVE IT(HOOKED). I WORK IN NEW YORK TRANSPORTING FUEL BY TUG/BARGE, I WORK 3wks ON AND 3wks OFF. SO I'VE GOT TIME TO RIDE ALOT WHEN I DON'T HAVE MY 7yr old.

·
Registered
45 Posts
HELLO FORUM, I LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA. I HAVE A 09 SPORTSMAN 800 HO WITH 28in. 589's ON SS212 ITP. WE RIDE IN BUSCO BEACH,NC.,WELCH,WV. AND CAROLINA ADVENTURE WORLD,SC. I'VE BEEN RIDING ATV'S FOR ABOUT 4yrs. AND I LOVE IT(HOOKED). I WORK IN NEW YORK TRANSPORTING FUEL BY TUG/BARGE, I WORK 3wks ON AND 3wks OFF. SO I'VE GOT TIME TO RIDE ALOT WHEN I DON'T HAVE MY 7yr old.
Hi from Suffolk, Virginia. My husband & I & friends ride at Busco Beach whenever we get the chance. Jack & Nadine are great. We work weekly schedules so try for long weekends - your set-up sounds great for checking out different places to ride. What is your opinion of CAW? We are planning a trip there in April.

·
Registered
45 Posts
"Nice work if you can get it" welcome, how's the weather this time of year where you ride?
Regards James
Hey James - we were in Busco Beach (North Carolina) Jan 1st - Jan 3rd - it was in the low 30's & the wind was brutal - riding the trails in the woods wasn't too bad - cut down on the wind. We were in campers but burned a cord of wood Friday afternoon thru late Saturday night......

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here the weather until today has been very cold -4F today it was 34F there's 2-3ft of snow on the ground so I will be waiting for the spring. On the May long weekend, (in Canada) I'll take my family to southern Alberta, there are some very nice trails on Crown Land (government owned land) that is open to atvers, it's in the rockies and straddles the Canadian/U.S. boarder, the views are breath taking, the trails are fun and challenging as you start at the bottom where its dry then work your way up threw streams, mud and puddles, then snow, terrain for all tastes.

Regards
James

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SORRY SO LONG,I'VE RODE CAW ONCE AND LIKED IT ALOT. GOOD PLACE FOR A GROUP AND FAMILY. I JUST BOUGHT A 31ft. RV SO I'M LOOKING TO GO BACK TO BUSCO BEACH,BUT ME AND A GROUP ARE GOING TO WELCH,WV. IN THE FIRST WEEKEND OF MAY.(BIG FUN,THE BEST)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Phillip for the O.K. on CAW. We have a toyhauler & are planning on taking it & camping @ CAW. Our friends have RV's & various trailers & it is a good time. Hope you enjoy WV!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I am new to the forum also. I will be down at CAW Feb 27th for the Poker Run. I live in Norfolk, VA. My brother and I are looking at going to Busco Beach sometime in March. My name is Chris. Look forward to finding new riding buddies.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Chris & welcome to the forum. Enjoy your trip to CAW - looking forward to our first trip there in April. There is a place to ride in Surry - Slades Park - not as great as Busco but a little closer if you need a quick fix. ☼

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
next trip WV.

I got a virus on my home com. had to sent it off. My next trip is on April 29 to May 2 in Welch,WV. I might go to Busco before Welch (i don't know).

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
welcome to the board!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts