Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my name is Frank. I've been a reader for several years. Traded in my 14' 800 for a new 15' xp 1000. Night and day difference in power and handling. Anyway, as you can see I have a few things listed in my Signature. I'm looking for a set of front/rear stiffer springs. I called Highlifter and they are still in production. Does anyone know if the 850 springs will fit the 1000 from EPI?? Thanks in advance...PS I still can't figure out how to post pictures and video yet..

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!
You don't see it in a quick post, so go to the advanced post, in the top row of the message box there is a paperclip. Click on the paperclip then choose a file and upload. Hope that helps with pics.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hey guys, my name is Frank. I've been a reader for several years. Traded in my 14' 800 for a new 15' xp 1000. Night and day difference in power and handling. Anyway, as you can see I have a few things listed in my Signature. I'm looking for a set of front/rear stiffer springs. I called Highlifter and they are still in production. Does anyone know if the 850 springs will fit the 1000 from EPI?? Thanks in advance...PS I still can't figure out how to post pictures and video yet..
Hey Frank, nice to see another Michigan rider on here. The XP 1000 really catches my eye, I owned Polaris in the past and currently have a 2013 Brute Force 750. Love to see some vids and pics of the 1000, and look forward to hearing how this model does for Polaris.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey Frank, nice to see another Michigan rider on here. The XP 1000 really catches my eye, I owned Polaris in the past and currently have a 2013 Brute Force 750. Love to see some vids and pics of the 1000, and look forward to hearing how this model does for Polaris.[/QUOTE

Hey thanks! Yeah funny you mention that I was a die hard nut for the Brute Force too back in the day. We have a small group that rides locally . We have in the group a 1000, 850, 570 and a 400ho. Just also picked up a 95' Scramber 400 4x4 for an extra person who doesn't have a bike. So we have all sizes in our group.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I did race my buddy with the 850 a few times. The problem was keeping the front end on the ground. I even loaded the front box with weight. Rolling starts he would hang till about 40mph then the 1000 would eat the 850 ( 1000 only had 12 hrs) Top speed for me was 86mph @ 7500rpm. He recorded it all on his Go Pro but he still has not posted it on YouTube

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I did race my buddy with the 850 a few times. The problem was keeping the front end on the ground. I even loaded the front box with weight. Rolling starts he would hang till about 40mph then the 1000 would eat the 850 ( 1000 only had 12 hrs) Top speed for me was 86mph @ 7500rpm. He recorded it all on his Go Pro but he still has not posted it on YouTube
Love to see some vids if you guys ever get them up. Top speed of 86 mph, lol that is frickin insane, I want a 1000 so bad, even though I do love my Brute.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Welcome fellow mitten man, I can only dream about a 1000.:veryhappy:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I would never try high speeds running 28's on there. They grip less on pavement compared to stock. I think it would be a death wish...

·
Registered
862 Posts
howdy, also from port huron lol. guessing you guys ride private land or at the outlet mall? welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
howdy, also from port huron lol. guessing you guys ride private land or at the outlet mall? welcome to the forum!
Lots of back yard riding and the old outlet mall is pretty fun. Almost swamped my bike in a nasty jeep hole not realizing how deep it really was lol

·
Registered
862 Posts
Lots of back yard riding and the old outlet mall is pretty fun. Almost swamped my bike in a nasty jeep hole not realizing how deep it really was lol
My parents live off allen by ashley road, so ive rode there before but that was probably 10 years ago lol. It was a mess then so I can only imagine.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My parents live off allen by ashley road, so ive rode there before but that was probably 10 years ago lol. It was a mess then so I can only imagine.
PM me your number and let's do some riding..

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone else in Macomb, St. Clair county that would like to ride?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live over in Memphis. Where is the old outlet mall in Port Huron

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Off 94 and Range rd. PM me your number

·
Registered
826 Posts
I think there is going to be a lot of "for parts only" ATVs for sale here if you all keep going 85 mph with your utility ATVs! LOL!:bam:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think there is going to be a lot of "for parts only" ATVs for sale here if you all keep going 85 mph with your utility ATVs! LOL!:bam:
It was 86mph Lol. I won't be doing that again running 28's!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts