·
Registered
421 Posts
sounds good. good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI
Motoalliance has winches (2500, 3000, 3500 and even 4000) and mounts for the 800 Touring and the new XPs.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats good to know!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well Bruce looks like you've finally found a good mount, and at a good price too! Good luck with it all.

I know on the Moto Alliance site they say their Viper winches are not the same as the Venom but they're darn close enough. I bought a Venom and used the heck out of this past weekend at Busco Beach in NC. I'm quite pleased with how it worked, as well as the really good price.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Does anyone have a winch with a synthetic rope,that has been tested.I'm just curious how the rope acts when going in and out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah I would like to know also because I'm looking to get one myself. I've heard they're not suppose to stretch, and they float and so long as you're careful they should last for a long time without fraying.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've heard it's great, from others!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I wonder if you can order a synthetic rope to replace a steel cable?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes you can replace it but you need to replace the "rollers" with the alum. one piece thingy!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks for the info on the "one piece thingy".That should come in handy when I go to buy one :joke: I think you mean aluminum fair lead.You know what its called but you were just testing our winch knowledge wasnt you?Or maybe you need another beer like I do :beer::spank::rofl:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The sad news is, I don't drink and I'm at work right now!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hahaha that's ok we all knew what you meant bruce. And personally, I know how you feel.

...And FYI they're called Aluminum Fairlead or a Hawse Fairlead. But I've also heard you can use a roller fairlead so long as it is free of burs, nicks, and anything that can fray your rope.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey look on ebay, there are several mounts that will work with your 800. I have 2 on my 800 and works great.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've never bought anything off E-Bay! Maybe someday??

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And your from Lake Stevens, welcome from your Westerly neighbor, and to the board!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just mounted the Polaris 3500 lbs. Winch, Everything went well all factory prewired, Well almost everything, After everyhting was installed and I tested it, The thumb switch was backwards (out was in and in was out) I thought to myself how can you F that up? all color coded and one way connectors? double checked all the wires three times, didn't get it?, So before I pulled the remaining hair out of my head, I decided to plug in the remote switch and it functioned the right way. I guess that one or the other is wired wrong from the factory?

Anyway I'm going out to El Dorado Nat. Forest after the 4th, it has Synthetic rope, I'll let you know how it handles.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sweet, that would cool to hear how well it works. Good luck with it and ride safe.

·
Registered
563 Posts
:yup: Inquiring minds want to know.Thanks Mechhell,be careful and we will be waiting

1 - 20 of 24 Posts