Polaris ATV Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1520 Posts

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Hi All -
Own two 2013 polaris sportsman 500 ho; wife and me. Mainly stock with some add on racks and rope winch. Trying to find search function on this forum to look up battery replacement. Seems to be no search function and battery is buried inside the bike. Not sure what engineers were thinking.
According to the service manual the battery is located under the LH fender inside the rear wheel.- very simple and easy to get to.

·
9,843 Posts
Uhhh… The battery isn't "buried" anywhere on that machine. Its under the left rear fender. One of the easiest machines to change a battery of any I know of. Remove the two 10mm bolts holding the cables on and then unhook the rubber strap holding the battery in the box.
Pop the new battery in the box. hook the strap and reconnect the cables.
I don't know how much easier it could be??

·
Super Moderator
7,004 Posts
Hi All -
Own two 2013 polaris sportsman 500 ho; wife and me. Mainly stock with some add on racks and rope winch. Trying to find search function on this forum to look up battery replacement. Seems to be no search function and battery is buried inside the bike. Not sure what engineers were thinking.
Welcome to the forum.
The search function is at the top of the page, right in the center. "Search Community"
Room is limited on atv's, so they kind of put things wherever they can find a spot that it will fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here. Just bought a 2020 Sportsman 570 2 days ago. Stepped up from a 2002 Yamaha Kodiac. Walked in expecting to buy a new Yamaha after getting so much out of that one but was talked into the Polaris. Liking the change a lot so far.

Two questions. I’m looking for accessories but having a difficult time finding my year. Are the ‘20s different or can I buy 2019 parts (fender flares, f/r brush guards)?

Second question. What’s up with the “don’t change anything or you void the warranty” paper I was asked to sign? The same shop was selling examples of the same bike with larger wheels/tires. I’m not looking for a monster truck, just something a little more stylish than the stock wheels.

·
9,843 Posts
Most 2019 accessories should fit but 2020 specific accessories if any exist should available by now.
Never heard of anything like this... What’s up with the “don’t change anything or you void the warranty” paper I was asked to sign?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, 1st post here but have looked around some and not new to forums at all.

Own a 2002 Sportsman 500HO and a 2008 Ranger 700XP. Both will be used on property I have, fun and utility, high desert.

Both have small issues. 500 (NTM) had a dirty carb, just cleaned out (better) but still not running right. Just found it has a bad uni on the front driveshaft (looks like fun). (need part number please) Lights work but nothing else. Want to do the 3 headlight mod and changing to LEDs. (link) Understand the 1998-2002 are the same more or less?

Ranger ran great when I got it, now parked for a few months. Shows the TPS is bad, replaced and calibrated but still bad. Guess it has a broken wire which I now read is common with em.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I've had many carbs that needed cleaned more than once to make them right

If you need the cross kit (u-joint) it is part # 3260104

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, may have to address the carb again. Got some additive in it and running alky free gas.

Was trying to look up the uni on partzilla, but does not show the DS or some reason.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First if you are new here, we most certainly welcome you! If you are a lurker right now, (and there are a lot of you lurkers out there) dont be shy, sign up!

I thought i would post this thread to help new people who do not know any members and might have a question, to help who the best person on this forum might be to personally address the question, or bring their attention to a certain thread.

feel free to post a thread about any problems you might have, as we all learn from those. but this thread will hopefully give you an idea who to ask for help from.

existing members, if you have any speciality skills that you wouldn't mind sharing and helping new people with, post those up here!

i'll start....

I have a few years of polaris parts experience and sales experience too. I also have special access to the dealer site. Most of my knowledge is on the newer machines. I can help with parts and sells with all models polaris (atv's, sideXsides, snowmobiles, and watercraft) i have installed almost every accessory in the polaris book at one time or another. i have also done a lot of "little" service shop stuff, but nothing major. but being behind the parts counter, i felt like a service guy a lot of the time.

if you have any questions that releate to:
-sales purchasing
-rebate help
-sales fees/discounts
-VIN# runs for possible recalls
-Accessory install help
-Part # help/cost
-Find a part #
-What parts fit what years and models
-Maintenance Questions
-General Service Questions

if you have a question even close to any of these topics, please feel free to PM me at any time. I will do my best to help you out, or point you in the right direction.

who else has special skills that they can offer help on?
I just bought my first polaris atv. Clearin out 2018 scrambler xp 1000. Do i still need front billet cover and frame braces or was this fixed by 2018?

·
Registered
5 Posts
First if you are new here, we most certainly welcome you! If you are a lurker right now, (and there are a lot of you lurkers out there) dont be shy, sign up!

I thought i would post this thread to help new people who do not know any members and might have a question, to help who the best person on this forum might be to personally address the question, or bring their attention to a certain thread.

feel free to post a thread about any problems you might have, as we all learn from those. but this thread will hopefully give you an idea who to ask for help from.

existing members, if you have any speciality skills that you wouldn't mind sharing and helping new people with, post those up here!

i'll start....

I have a few years of polaris parts experience and sales experience too. I also have special access to the dealer site. Most of my knowledge is on the newer machines. I can help with parts and sells with all models polaris (atv's, sideXsides, snowmobiles, and watercraft) i have installed almost every accessory in the polaris book at one time or another. i have also done a lot of "little" service shop stuff, but nothing major. but being behind the parts counter, i felt like a service guy a lot of the time.

-sales purchasing
-rebate help
-sales fees/discounts
-Accessory install help
-Part # help/cost
-Find a part #
-Maintenance Questions

if you have a question even close to any of these topics, please feel free to PM me at any time. I will do my best to help you out, or point you in the right direction.

I need help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought a 2002 scrambler 400 and the front left strut broke right down by the wheel. Any advice would be great

·
9,843 Posts
Uhh… Replace it.
Is it 2x4 or 4x4?
Can you post some pics?
Don't think I've ever heard of a strut breaking by the wheel. I'd like to see what you're talking about.
Gotta have all pertinent info to offer any meaningful help.
Oh, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts

i'll start....

-sales purchasing
-rebate help
-sales fees/discounts
-Accessory install help
-Part # help/cost
-Find a part #
-Maintenance Questions

I posted questions in the repair forum but evidently upset that man because I still didn’t have all info I needed. He says I’m making this difficult - I’m not - I just need help.
The support strut on my 2000 Polaris Magnum 325 2x4 sheered off the spindle. I got the part off today. I was able to get the piece of spindle out of wheel but not strut. I need new strut. There is a # on part -
5630506. The other forum says that’s not a Polaris # - probably a mfg #. He told me part I need is 5131039. That’s probably right. Other ?s relate to what all I need. When I took strut off, it had a spring on part. I assume I don’t have to buy that - just take one off broken part & put on new part?
Also I need a list of compatible models from which I could get this part. Thank you so much if you can help

·
9,843 Posts
Here ya go OP. Blueline hasn't been on here for a couple years now. The post of his you quoted is 10 years old.
Here is a link to the Polaris parts catalog so you can look it up yourself since you apparently don't trust my skills at finding parts.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Here ya go OP. Blueline hasn't been on here for a couple years now. The post of his you quoted is 10 years old.
Here is a link to the Polaris parts catalog so you can look it up yourself since you apparently don't trust my skills at finding parts.
Good luck.
Polman - the link didn't work for me - Yahoo said it was a few hours old
Glenn - try this link Rocky Mountain ATV, put in the pertinent info and select the 'FRONT STRUT' as the diagram you want to view

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
latedbird are you starting sh!t with the newbies again?????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1501 - 1520 of 1520 Posts