Polaris ATV Forum banner

1501 - 1505 of 1505 Posts

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Hi All -
Own two 2013 polaris sportsman 500 ho; wife and me. Mainly stock with some add on racks and rope winch. Trying to find search function on this forum to look up battery replacement. Seems to be no search function and battery is buried inside the bike. Not sure what engineers were thinking.
According to the service manual the battery is located under the LH fender inside the rear wheel.- very simple and easy to get to.

·
9,401 Posts
Uhhh… The battery isn't "buried" anywhere on that machine. Its under the left rear fender. One of the easiest machines to change a battery of any I know of. Remove the two 10mm bolts holding the cables on and then unhook the rubber strap holding the battery in the box.
Pop the new battery in the box. hook the strap and reconnect the cables.
I don't know how much easier it could be??

·
Super Moderator
6,988 Posts
Hi All -
Own two 2013 polaris sportsman 500 ho; wife and me. Mainly stock with some add on racks and rope winch. Trying to find search function on this forum to look up battery replacement. Seems to be no search function and battery is buried inside the bike. Not sure what engineers were thinking.
Welcome to the forum.
The search function is at the top of the page, right in the center. "Search Community"
Room is limited on atv's, so they kind of put things wherever they can find a spot that it will fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here. Just bought a 2020 Sportsman 570 2 days ago. Stepped up from a 2002 Yamaha Kodiac. Walked in expecting to buy a new Yamaha after getting so much out of that one but was talked into the Polaris. Liking the change a lot so far.

Two questions. I’m looking for accessories but having a difficult time finding my year. Are the ‘20s different or can I buy 2019 parts (fender flares, f/r brush guards)?

Second question. What’s up with the “don’t change anything or you void the warranty” paper I was asked to sign? The same shop was selling examples of the same bike with larger wheels/tires. I’m not looking for a monster truck, just something a little more stylish than the stock wheels.

·
9,401 Posts
Most 2019 accessories should fit but 2020 specific accessories if any exist should available by now.
Never heard of anything like this... What’s up with the “don’t change anything or you void the warranty” paper I was asked to sign?

1501 - 1505 of 1505 Posts