Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how do i post pics on my posts?
Thnx guys:bee:

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
i use photobucket.com, but there are many way to do it. you can do one of two ways

the first is the fastest, its called hotlinking. basically you are putting tags around the link where the picture is.

for instance, just doing a quick search on google for "polaris atv" i found this image below. if you click on this URL: [url]http://www.atvguide.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/a_polaris_atv.jpg[/url] you will get the image. but to get the image to just show up. you put [IMG]URL tags. there is also a button above the post area that is square, yellow, and has a mountain and a moon. if you click on that, and post the URL into that box, it will put the image tags automatically for you.

below is a hotlinked image

if you have a picture saved on your computer and you want to put it on the forum, you need somewhere to host it. photobucket.com allows you to do just that. i use photobucket for all of the polaris diagrams that i upload for people around the forums. i also used photobucket to host the pictures below. you create a free account, and can upload a lot of images. this is how it works

so first you have to have the image saved to you computer, and have a photobucket account. the main screen of photobucket will look like this. the default is to upload from your computer (small red circle). all you do is click the big blue button i circled.

when you click on that, it will bring up a box, where you find the picture you want saved on your computer and click "open"

photobucket will automatically load the picture to its server. it become the host for that image. once it is done loading, only takes a few seconds per image, click on the save and return button circled below

now you can organize the images into different folders for easier finding, for instance i put all the polaris diagrams into one folder. once the image has been uploaded, put your mouse over the image, and the menu below the picture appears. hightlight and copy (ctrl c) the full URL address next to where it says IMG code. photobucket already adds the tags for you, so all you have to do is paste the full URL i circled in red below in the place where you type responses on here...even though the image will not show up in this typing box, it will show up when you post it, if everything was done right

[IMG]http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd357/blueline15/help4.png

i hope i didnt confuse you more, i tried to keep it basic. does that makes sense?
i hope so...let me know
kevin

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, ya ok just one sec. ...... lol! Thank you very much Kevin. That sure helps! thanks. I will try this asap. i am on my cell phone, so when i get to a pc with high speed ill try it. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts