Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently just got a 1999 Polaris sportsman 500 Remington edition that I traded for a rifle, and since it was all apart and dorked up I thought it would be wise to join this forum to be able to pick the brains of some people with experience with these. I decided to get a Polaris for 2 reasons, first off being made in the U.S.A. is a big plus, secondly I know several people that own a Polaris and they all had good thing to say about them. The one I got has seen better days it looks as if the prior owner rode it exclusively thru knee deep mud and water. I knew that the timing chain had broken and the prior owner had just put a new cam in it, but what I didn't expect was to see all of the dirt, water and sludge coming out of the engine we I drain it. So I took it all apart and cleaned it all out, oil tank and associated parts included, honed the cylinder replaced the piston and rings, rebuilt the head and polished the cam bore that was causing the cam to bind up, so after all this and a gasket set later and a gallon of gas it fires right up. So this is what drove me to joining this forum, and the fact my son wants to start hunting so I needed a good atv. So hello everyone my name it Travis.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts