Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just picked up a 2014 Sportsman 850 HO XP, so will be looking forward to help from time to time.

It is in like new condition, with 450 miles and 83 hours. I plan on giving it the 100hr maintenance (changing all fluids etc. as it is almost 4-years old and time anyway. Anything else I should check? I dont really want to pull the cover and inspect the belt, but tell me if you think that to be unwise.

Future upgrades: Winch (any recommendations?); Bighorn tires

Anyway, it's good to be here!

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yep,All the fluids.You dont have to stick with polaris fluids.Lots of equivalent if not better options.
Dont forget the air filter
Agree with indy red,,,check and clean the clutches and belt.(Good to no how to get in there anyway).I have 2 vipers on the rubys ,both are around 7 years old .Never had an issue.But he has http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/atv-gear-gadgets/169306-viper-winch-broken-spool.htmlAnd I ABUSE the 07 ruby.

Used bike = Check everything ( a stitch in time saves 9:grin ),,,,Tie rod ends ,bushings ,ball joints.,bearings, brake pads,,,,,Replace or grease as needed.(pick up a 44mm greaser for the bearings(tiger tool,holy greaser)you'd be amazed how little grease is in there. keep the battery topped off.

·
Registered
428 Posts
welcome. nice looking machine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Duse, that is an interesting tool. Does it work on both front and rear?

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Welcome from the wet side of the state. Can't say I'd add anything to the list. Your machine is pre-integrated mount so find a which that works for your budget and desired uses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts