Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just another nwebe with a question.
I've bought a 2007, 800 Sportsman in December 08. Every publication and article that I've read online, magizne, factory manual (owners and mantenance manual) does not list any data about horsepower or torque . I am an Old Gear Head and these items can be important.
:chairshot:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Here is a link to the california air resourse board. It list all the factory motor certificates that have to be certified to be sold in Califoria. Its the best site I know of for finding power ratings. However about a year ago most pfgs went to rating there motors in KW rather then hp, so you have to convert the numbers.
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/ofhrv/ofmcatv_comply/2010/2010.php

The 800 is rated at 36KW, that is a crank rating not a wheel rating.

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Oh that is assuming you ment to say a 2007 Sportsman 800, I just made that asumption since they didn't start making them till 2004 as 2005 models.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I can't remember for sure, was the HO new for 08, or 07. I know last year the 2008 X2 had the non HO 800 and it looked like the 2009 spec showed the X2 and the single seat 800 at the same 36kw.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. Sorry about the wrong year my mind and fingers don't always work thgather.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Welcome to the site Walt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts