Polaris ATV Forum banner

Hi I'm new to this and I need help on purchasing the right exhaust

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  goesreallyfast 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 2012 Polaris Sportsman 500 ho and I'm considering an aftermarket exhaust my top two choices are the Big Gun EVO exhaust or the HMF Swamp XL Series I'm looking for deep growl type of sound but I've heard the hmf dosnt sound that good on polaris's I need help deciding!!

#3 ·
I've been looking at the Big Gun exhaust for my 850XP someday. I looked on youtube for sound clips and the Big gun has a deep "Big Block" sound that I like. The HMF just sounded,,,well, like a lawntractor. Best to look them up and listen for yourself. For a real nasty street rod sound, Ron Wood racing is pretty hot.

#4 ·
I have an HMF swamp series non-XL on my 850XP. I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the overly loud exhausts, and I love the sound of the swamp series. On my other 850 I have an old supertrapp mudslinger exhaust and it is LOUUUD, not to say it doesn't sound good, its just too loud to ride around my neighborhood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.