Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello ,not to long ago i saw a ad for a hi/lo over ride for the headlights on sportsman ,so that when you went from lo beam to hi beams all three lights were on . anybody know what i am getting at and where i can find such a item .i think i want to try this , seeing in the dark is a good thing ha ha

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There is a thread here on it. Just look up 3 headlight mod. Ebay has them for $9.00, got mine at Mountain Mods Plus. Haven't installed it yet though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Two points to think about with this. One, is the third headlight going to draw to much current for your stock stator - especially if you have to use a winch or something else that draws a lot of current. Two, is the third headlight going to cause too much heat? Typically it's not meant to be on for a reason, and these are just a couple points to question/ponder.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You can buy the diode at radio shack or other electronics stores and wire it up yourself. I did mine that way and is cheaper than ordering it plus shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought LED driving lights so they don't pull much wattage, mounted them behind the bumpers and wired them to the high beam circuit. No heat buildup or amp/watt stealing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Get the relay kit in the mod thread on here, it is better than the diode version. The lights should not draw too much power or cause too much heat. Remember xp models have this option from the factory...

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
The xp's have slots in the fuse box to wire up bumper lights or other accessories dosen't the VL models have the same? Polaris should had 3 hi beam lights to the 2015 VL line up IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts