Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into getting a 570 Sports man. I test rode on and I really like the ride, it's probably one of the best riding machines I have been on.

I have been reading a lot of posts from about 2011 to 2013 about axles breaking with no lift and stock tires.

I have no plans on modding. I need something to ride around the property, and can haul a very small trailer with some wood in it. I don't have any mud all my trails are crushed concrete and the farther out they are just wood chip paths.

Do these new 2014 570s have the same problem of axles breaking?

Thanks for your time. Any put is appreciated.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Welcome fellow mitten man.:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Mud or rocks are where you normally break axles, what you say you will be riding on should be no issue.

Welcome from Port Huron!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm pretty nervous about the axle issue because we like going to Superlift park in hot springs AR. And there are a TON of rocks there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont have any rocks or steep hills. Just some some hills. I do have a couple small creeks, but in the summer they dry up.

Hopefully I wont snap an axle. If I do I could upgrade to aftermarket ones down the road.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I walked into a Polaris dealer today wanting a 570 EFI, well after the salesman gave me his pitch he had me test driving a 570 EPS touring model witch was a bit more money. After taking it out for a ride because of the longer wheel base it drives and rides really nice.

Going to wait for the weekend, the dealer I went to is having a sale, I will try to get the best deal.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got mine from K n W cycle in shelly twp. I dealt with a guy named Jeff.he was great to deal with. I go out to Ray twp pump station off Omo Rd to deliver large portable generators quite often. Nice country area.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice machine. I was thinking about going to K&W to get one. Did they give you a good deal on it?

I have some acreage up here in Ray and looking for a good machine.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

·
Registered
64 Posts
See Jeff , less than m.s.r.p plus tax....that's it. No extra B.S. like all other dealers. I pass 4 other dealers to see him. Dealers around me will add on tons of extra nonsense. Ie assembly+prep+ doc fees. Lol any thing they can get past ya.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to Ball Equipment in Richmond on main street to get ideas on pricing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
See Jeff , less than m.s.r.p plus tax....that's it. No extra B.S. like all other dealers. I pass 4 other dealers to see him. Dealers around me will add on tons of extra nonsense. Ie assembly+prep+ doc fees. Lol any thing they can get past ya.
Thats good to know.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I went to Ball Equipment in Richmond on main street to get ideas on pricing.
Thats where i got my 500 last july, had a good experience with them. Hows the new place look, gurss it just reopened this week. Need to get down there to pick up some stuff.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The new shop looks great. Still working it a bit when I was in there. Next week it should be fully ready he said.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New guy here. How do I list things done to ride under post

·
Registered
4 Posts
I broke my axle on a hill but 1k axles are weak

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I walked into a Polaris dealer today wanting a 570 EFI, well after the salesman gave me his pitch he had me test driving a 570 EPS touring model witch was a bit more money.

You sure you rode a Sportsman 570 Touring with EPS? I don't think they make those. I know of a 570 Touring, a 570 EPS non-Touring or a 550 Touring that has EPS standard.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts