Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the recommended color temperature for the best performance? I know it's more of a personal preference thing but I'm not a fan of a lot of blue coloration and I don't want to upgrade to a higher intensity yellow. Either way I want whatever lights up the trail better, be it 5000K or 6000K.

I also considered putting a LED light bar but I like the cleaner look of replacing stock with HIDs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got the 5000K in both of my wheelers, and they are plenty bright. I never even use the high beam... I can't imagine a blue tint being any better than white when it comes to visibility.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Color chart

What colors we can see (and look nice to us) and what colors helps us see other objects can be two different things. In general we see best in sunlight (or simulated sunlight at night), somewhere around 3-4000 kelvin. We seem to like the look of light in the 5-8000 range. So if your choices are 5 or 6000k, I'd go with 5. 4 if you can find it would be nice and White.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
This might help.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
I much prefer the 5K. It is a true white color. That is what I run on all my units. The 6K is more of a blue color.

Thor

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Its just preference of color between the two. I have the 6k and think they look whiter to my eyes than the 5k. Either way cant go wrong!

Sent from West 'By-God' Virginia!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts