Polaris ATV Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just purchased a set and am waiting for them to arrive. They should be here today or tomorrow.
Will keep everyone updated on the status.
I ordered a set of the 6000K 35 Watt blubs.
Hope they're plug-and-play as everyone says. I installed a set of HID's in one of my vehicles and liked them, but couldn't remember how difficult it was to install.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you got them from my store then yes. If not then ?
No, Thor, I did not. I bought a kit from Ebay. If it doesn't work, i'll send it back and will def. order from your store. I received my package yesterday and will attempt to install today or tomorrow. Will keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Unfortunately, and as I'm sure is my luck, the kit I ordered didn't work. Most of the kit was plug and play, but there were two wires that were just hanging there with metal ends on them. They definitely didn't work for my application. I will be purchasing from The ATV Store.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Unfortunately, and as I'm sure is my luck, the kit I ordered didn't work. Most of the kit was plug and play, but there were two wires that were just hanging there with metal ends on them. They definitely didn't work for my application. I will be purchasing from The ATV Store.
Remember we test what we sell and only sell the best! I guarantee our kits are true plug and play. They are so easy to install Grandma can do it! If you order by noon they usually ship same day.

Sportsman XP Kit ATV HID Lights

Sportsman Classic Kit ATV HID Lights

RZR Kit WOW! You found them here at TheATVSuperStore.com!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thor, HID question

I want to order from you the HID kit for my 2006 500 sportsman:
1)I want the most light possible as I ride the jungle in Costa Rica, I saw someone said the 55w will not cause a melt down, please tell me which kit I need for all 3 lights and is 55w ok?

2) I put a mod that uses a diode so I have all 3 light on when on high, can I leave this or will it be too much draw from the high beam side? should I get a different mod for this?
Thank you

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just placed a order from Thor on the 6k thin ballast kit.. How do these hold up in deep water or getting wet? From what I read,the following was addressed..Fitment,bulb size,and ballast placement..Has anyone had any issues from them being momentarily submerged in h2o?:ponder: Thanks,Marcus

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I just placed a order from Thor on the 6k thin ballast kit.. How do these hold up in deep water or getting wet? From what I read,the following was addressed..Fitment,bulb size,and ballast placement..Has anyone had any issues from them being momentarily submerged in h2o?:ponder: Thanks,Marcus
No issues here after three years of use.

Try and mount the ballast as high up as possible to help. They are not designed to be fully submerged for long but it can handle the occasional dunking, pressure washing and mud holes.

I mounted my ballasts on top of the cooling fan to keep them out of the water as much as possible.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am interested in a set of these. I have a 2015 sportsman 850. Can all 3 ballast be located in the pod so there is no chance of water damage

·
Registered
615 Posts
The Retrofit Source also sells an 880 HID kit. They are pricey but great quality. I used their kit for my truck and have not had a single problem.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Holy thread revival batman, this thread is 4 years old things have changed ALOT, like LED's are the way to go now.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Isn't there a problem with led conversions, mud, cooling fins or fans because where the headlight is mounted? I know the factory leds work but not spending $500 is right

81 - 96 of 96 Posts