Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HID Light Install on Scrambler

This conversion will work with any hi/lo bulb combo that Polaris runs. I picked up a 35w Hid kit 5000k on ebay for $27 in the 880 series bulb single beam.

Before you rush off to ebay and buy your bulbs understand that you need to cut apart the factory 4030061 bulb to make these work along with cutting your factory headlight connector off.

I pulled the bulb from plastic housing then broke all the plastic tabs inside the circle with a screw driver, next drill a hole from the outside of the bulb case, open up the hole with a carbide bit on a dermel to the inside opening.

Last step slide the hid into the bulb case then apply jb weld from the backside to hold the two in place

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This mod is only for the hi/lo bulbs found in scramblers and magnums. As the housing are four prong bulb specific which no factory hid will fit

·
Registered
2 Posts
It sucks that you have to pay $50.00 for 2 new bulbs! I might have to try this. I have to cut stuff apart though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By using your factory bulbs switching to hid you will never go back to halogen bulbs

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i just want to update after running the 35w hids iv been happy but after riding with a rzr with led lighting in snow covered trails leaves much more to be desired. Updated to 55w hids and much happier same brightness as the rzr leds but less coverage mainly from the horrible square housings and close positioning.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are the upgraded 55w bulbs and ballasts. Trails open Saturday so i will post some night view photos as well

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I was confused at first, thinking this was a newer xp scrambler, now it all makes sense. Nice little mod. You could always add a small light bar, they're pretty cheap on eBay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Scrambler 500 HID

hey i need some help with putting HIDs on my scrambler. got the bulbs and ballasts in the 880 bulb and am ready to install them. However the connectors are not the same so i guess i need to cut. theres three wires on the stock fourwheeler headlight connector and only two on the hid connector. What do i do? what wires do i put where? also where did you mount the ballast? thanks. really need some help.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Polarisrider your pm is set to private. One wire is ground one wire is high and other is low. Pick one for the hids and buy a set of for the front bumper and run them as the third wire. Yes you have to cut connectors off the factory wiring and hid to hardwire them together

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep went with the 55s. Accidently touched one bulb when putting it in but its still working so far. Have you encountered any problems? Now just gotta put some HIDS on the sportsman 700.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts