Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that has done the HID upgrade. How do you adjust the light in the headlight pod, the light bulb hits the handlebar mount? So basically it makes it impossible to tilt the light up and down

·
Registered
108 Posts
Anyone that has done the HID upgrade. How do you adjust the light in the headlight pod, the light bulb hits the handlebar mount? So basically it makes it impossible to tilt the light up and down
can you clarify? are you trying to adjust your headlamp with a new bulb?

I just switched my regular light out of my 570 with HID lights. didnt run into any problems. Did you order the right set of bulbs?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
When asking for help, give us as much info as you can. What year? What model? We have no clue what you are working on....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry my bad. I have a 2011 850 xp. I ordered an HID kit and everything is fine. The pod light bulb I've put into the pod housing and it fits fine but if I ever need to adjust the light itself the back of the bulb hits the steering mount. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
the connector on the bulb needs to come out and make a 90* turn. im guessing you have an 880 kit where the connector is straight.

880 Bulb

886 Bulb (Polaris OEM bulb)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bulbs look a little different than the I ones you posted but you are exactly right. All the bulbs are straight and I have the 6000k kit. I purchased it off of Burke moto pros and I contacted him so we'll see what he says about swapping it out.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
yes, the bulbs i posted are typical halogen bulbs, the bases was what i was referencing. i did the same thing on mine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I hear he is pretty good to work with so hopefully we can resolve the issue. Thanks for the help appreciate it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts