Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 800 2008 sport and haven't even put 3mins on it. Sometimes and more often then not, when I put it into High thenc give it gas it revs up and then engages with a horrible clunk sound in the back end. Belts are fine and clutchs look clean. It will do it in adc 2x4 4x4 put not when put into low. It took me 10hrs to pick it up in the us and bring it back to Canada, it was fine when I put it on the trailer but did it when I pulled it off, didn't sleep that night. Any Ideas?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up my bike (2008 800 sportsman) yesterday and today noticing the same thing you are. Can someone please let us know if this is normal or not?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine turned out to be a bent frame arm, the linkage that is conected from the shifter to to the gear was getting stuck on the frame, causing it not to go all the way in gear. Once I got the rpm's up it would catch making that awful clunk sound

·
Registered
63 Posts
You most likely need your shift lever adjusted. Also remember after shifting, wait a few seconds before hitting the throtle to allow the tranny to complete the shift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts