Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, how does this effect the ride quality? I know they will firm it up a bit, but how much of the ride do you have to give up for that?

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
Some say it's to stuff but I don't feel that at all. The machine feels much more sporty with the HL springs. EPI makes HD springs also but they have a lower spring rate and aren't as stiff. I have both EPI on the 800 and HL on the 570 and the 570 feels more athletic. I would go HL.

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
I feel it enhanced the ride quality. Plush to me is soft/rolley/unresponsive. This is firm, there's feed back, my input has a quicker more deliberate response. So the best I can say is the machine is firmer. I don't feel in any way shape or form that taking this machine on a long ride or multi day trip would have any adverse effects to what it was stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did the EPI HD springs to my 14 400 H.O. and didn't feel it significantly affected the ride quality. It did however completely eliminate the spring sag and brought my ground clearance from 8 inches out front to 12 inches the whole length of the machine.

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
I did the EPI HD springs to my 14 400 H.O. and didn't feel it significantly affected the ride quality. It did however completely eliminate the spring sag and brought my ground clearance from 8 inches out front to 12 inches the whole length of the machine.
That is a GREAT way to explain it. My EPIs took the sag out but didn't improve handling much. HL took the sag out and all of it. They also greatly improved the handling. Two ways of looking at the same coin.

Reactions: steve_kyle

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went by the HL office this morning. Will not be open again until Monday. Seems like a pretty cool place.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a GREAT way to explain it. My EPIs took the sag out but didn't improve handling much. HL took the sag out and all of it. They also greatly improved the handling. Two ways of looking at the same coin.
Question... did you do all four springs, or just the rear?

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
All four, I figured it would be best to do the set.

Reactions: steve_kyle
1 - 12 of 12 Posts