Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So you think $$$ is too much for a little master cylinder? Well so did I. I recognized this unit in a wildwood catalog a few years back and finally had the need to slap one on a Polaris. Everything works as expected. Just swap any hardware off the original as the RM1 comes with a compression fitting.
It appears the same part has had new numbers assigned since my ‘99s production, and covers most quads through ’09.
1911113 replaces 1910790, 1910301

Install/comparison video

I knew of a local racing shop that sells all the brake fittings and lines you could need. They didn’t stock the item but ordered it up for me without issue. Give them a call, or do some searching to find one locally:
1-800-688-6946
Wilwood RM1 1/2" Go-Kart Master Cylinder | Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies

Wilwood RM1 wilwood.com/mastercylinders

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck.

Polaris 1911113/1910790/1910301 cross reference, alternative, substitute, rebuild, rebuild kit, for cheap, best price, discount.

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
I have installed motorcycle master cylinders on ATV's, but it requires time and ingenuity for a quality installation. The Kart MC looks more closely to a bolt on installation.

I devised a foot throttle for a guy who recovered from a stroke, but lost the use of his right hand - he could place his hand on the grip and hold on, but he could not twist a throttle or operate a thumb lever.

The Kart MC looks more closely to the OEM and closer to a bolt on installation.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have installed motorcycle master cylinders on ATV's, but it requires time and ingenuity for a quality installation. The Kart MC looks more closely to a bolt on installation.

I devised a foot throttle for a guy who recovered from a stroke, but lost the use of his right hand - he could place his hand on the grip and hold on, but he could not twist a throttle or operate a thumb lever.

That’s pretty cool you have done custom projects to keep guys on the trail! I’ll keep you in mind if I pinch my had under an engine mount and don’t get so lucky the second time.

You’re right it really is the same part. Complete drop in for 1/4 the price.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Very cool of you helping the dude out. Kudos

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts