Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for a new way to transport my quad and the high rider system looks like it would work well for me. Anyone have or use one?? If so how do you like it?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Is this the system your referring to.... HighRider ATV Loading System: Off-Road.com

On another thread yesterday a member stated they had used it in the past and recommended that it be looked at. Looks like it would be a good enough system. Not to mention allowing the bed space under for additional cargo. But I'd personally have a "platform" vs. "rails" type system..... just as a safety precausion mainly!

How much do the "highrider" rail systems cost?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'm with Mustbenice, I'd rather have the cover. Like the Diamondback system. Keep your stored gear dry and clean and the added safety of no gaps. Not that the Highlifter system is bad. I'm sure it's just fine, Just personal preference.

·
Registered
806 Posts
My neighbor had a side-load over the bed atv rack on his truck......for about 2 weeks. He hated it, he never drove it off the other side, but the possibility was nerve racking to say the least.

·
Registered
378 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
^HOLY SH** thats ridiculous
What does that thing cost I wonder? Could probably get a damn nice trailer for similar money. I'm a trailer guy

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
the system is meant for those with 5th wheels that aren't toy haulers, or for those that are and need more room for OHV's. They have multiple configurations. I saw one at the sportman's show here a couple years ago that had a midsize ranger in the bed two quads over the cab, and a john boat above the Ranger.

·
Registered
944 Posts
That's even more nuts ! No way would it be stable under an emergency braking situation.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
QUOTE=ThorsHammer;381996]the system is meant for those with 5th wheels that aren't toy haulers, or for those that are and need more room for OHV's. They have multiple configurations. I saw one at the sportman's show here a couple years ago that had a midsize ranger in the bed two quads over the cab, and a john boat above the Ranger.[/QUOTE]

:eek2:
Nothing about that sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
450 Posts
the system is meant for those with 5th wheels that aren't toy haulers, or for those that are and need more room for OHV's. They have multiple configurations. I saw one at the sportman's show here a couple years ago that had a midsize ranger in the bed two quads over the cab, and a john boat above the Ranger.
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Sounds like a bad idea screwing a catastrophe with a cluster-f*** filming...

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Just because you CAN do something, it may not be the smartest thing to do.

·
Registered
378 Posts
yup, agree with you

·
Registered
378 Posts
Shoot, if you're worried about the over the bed systems. You should see the over the cab systems. If you're that concerned about it, use the winch to get the quad on the deck. Problem solved.

Over the Cab ATV/UTV Loader

There is no way in hell that I would even think of putting something like that on my truck. Straight up nuts!

Looks like its missing a set of Balls in the middle of the front rack.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
lol to their credit, it was a 1 ton. and the loading system is connected directly to the frame. I've seen a couple people who were actually using the system in the mountains with a trailer seemed to be doing fine. Paying attention to the recommended speed around corners I'm sure. there were two trucks in a row with it. one had two quads and a fifth wheel and the other had two quads a rzr and a bumper pull trailer. was the weight up high? sure. but I'm sure it could be done if driven responsibly. I'm sure it would be a white knuckler if it were windy, but then again, It's a white knuckler when it's windy with just a travel trailer.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
I have the Diamondback kit. It is the only way I can haul my 2 quads when traveling across America with my truck and RV. However I much prefer a trailer. The DB is too much of a pain to load & unload. Even to this day I still can't get used to driving up and backing down the quads so high in the air. I have a 1500HD with the 6.5 foot bed. I installed airbags in the rear to aid in the extra weight toward the rear. Once they are on the back the truck drives nice. No sway since main weight of the atvs engines in in the middle of the bed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love the diamondback system but the price is a little much for me at the moment. We have a newborn at home and a large chocolate lab, we love to go to the cabin but we need box space in the truck for everything since our cab is full. So.... No room for a quad. I can't find to much info on the high rider system and no YouTube videos either. If the quad is strapped properly and the high rider system is mounted well I don't see any problem with it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh and I have no room at home for a trailer either

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'm almost positive I'd piss my pants loading/unloading on that thing..... with thin little tire wide ramps. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts