Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I did to our 2008 "T". Used an automobile exterior grade vinyl I got thru a local Carquest. I don't understand why Polaris didn't highlight these to start with.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Looks nice ! Did you cut them out your self?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
greg92c..yes I did. I got a large piece of the vinyl and removed the front and rear pieces of plastic. I then cut small pieces of the vinyl that would cover each letter. I then cleaned the plastic and applied a piece of vinyl to a letter and "rubbed" it in with a soft cloth to help make sure it was stuck. I used an x-acto knife to carefully cut around the letters. It was somewhat easy since the letters stand out from the plastic on this model. That gave me a "form" to follow with the knife. If you do this, get more vinyl than you will need, "just in case"......Gary from Westcliffe

By the way, where is Milboro? We have a small piece of property near Montross in Westmoreland County.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I LOVE this idea !! I just ordered a roll of 2.5"x25' vinyl tape off of Ebay and I hope it is as durable as what you used. It really does break up the mass of black cladding between the headlights, and adding it to the rear storage lettering is a nice touch as well. Can't wait to tackle this project next weekend.

·
Registered
607 Posts
That looks real good.

·
Registered
240 Posts
By the way, where is Milboro? We have a small piece of property near Montross in Westmoreland County.[/QUOTE]

Millboro is in Bath County Va.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Nice touch!!!

Think I'm going to paint mine come warm weather.

CW

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Highlighted Name

Thanks guys, for all the compliments on the name highlighting! Gary from Westcliffe, CO

·
Registered
31 Posts
WOW, that looks nice. You are Polaris should have done that. I think we are going to have to do that on our sportsmans. You should tell Polaris they need to get on this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts