Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 scrambler 500 4x4. Riding along in 2wd, gun the gas and bam, left front hub engages 4x4. So I get all 4 wheels off the ground in 2wd give it gas and does it again, just the left hub. So I'm thinking Armature plate. I replace both Armature plates, both strut and bearing seals and bearings. Install speedi-sleeves over the coils sleeve. .004 clearance. Tighten axle nut to 12ftlbs, 4 o'clock Polaris hub fluid. Try it again , same outcome. So this time I unplug the left hub from the circuit board and in still does it. Now am convinced it's the hillard clutch itself being that there's no power to the coil. I swap left to right clutches, same out come, left front hub. So now that I replaced everything I checked my clearances with the coil I used the correct on demand fluid the only thing I can think of is that both front drive shaft have been replaced built by a local drivetrain shop and they're wobbly as hell. So I'm wondering will the wobble in the driveshaft activate that Hilliard clutch?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts