Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen fuel pak mount that can be attached to a rear hitch mount? I don't really want to put this in my front rack as it will block the high beam light on my machine.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Always seemed like a dangerous spot to me. Any where that an impact from another machine or anything else for that matter could cause the gas can to rupture. I've always liked it on top of the rack(s)!!

I put mine up on the front rack. My solution to it blocking the pod light was a LED light bar. Also you can simply remove it when you go on a night ride.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
not just impact, but high heat from the exhaust. seems like a double negative to me.

what's stopping you from putting it on the back rack? up high out of impact zone?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt think of the heat. I have the lock and ride box on the back already. I wanted to mount the pack vertically at about the height of the rear rack,but utilizing a mount for the hitch

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
I've seen mounts that would allow for that and work with a trunk/box on the back. shouldn't be hard to make one if you can't find one online either, if you're up high enough, having it in the hitch would just make for a floppy noise maker. I'd stick with something mounted to the rack that fits under your existing box.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts