Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this 1997 model, i have fixed the charging issue, the problem i have now is when you part throttle the machine it hits a rev limiter? i have wiggled the wires in the plate. nothing is working or changing. got new voltage regulator put on, i wonder if cdi is acting out? been trying to figure this out. this happens when wet only! no chafted wires anywhere. no shorts to ground or anything or short to voltage. wonder if anybody ever have encountered this issue. right now i'm riding my trusted old 94 warrior!:nixweiss:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
figured it out, spark plug boot was not seated fully, able to hold throttle partly cracked to act it up and i looked under the gas tank....grabbed a long skinny screwdriver and push the boot down and it reved! so i took the front section plastic off to pull off the gas tank and man.....so much dirt and moister. I blew the hole out with air, put in new plug and re crimped the wire since it also had a broken insulator at the tip. Now this thing rocks! The old 94 warrior is now on the back burner.:wave:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts