Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going tomorrow... anyone been there?
How are the trails, mud?

·
Premium Member
10,585 Posts
dam sean i'm busy tomorrow or i would hook up with u. been looking for an excuse to hit the lost trails. some peolple say the trails are to rocky but i go for the black trails that are long technical wash-outs. the water levels are low at this time of year, so i dont think it will be to muddy. let me know how it goes. i'm going up the saturday before thanksgiving for the nite ride.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Shit I was thinking about going today but didn't have anyone to go with

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ride was fun.
Definitely rockier than I'd like but still was a good day of riding.
We ran 30 miles in 6 hrs.
Almost lost the 800 in a mud hole. Got some good videos.
Here is the hole the first time through. Didnt make it the second time

Here's the trail to the tunnel. This was the fastest we were able to run all day.
Hit 40mph...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice vids

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
sorry, but the nite ride iz already done...last nite..Nov.23rd...it wuz COLD but fun !!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Scranton, PA? That looks wicked fun. Would it be worth a trip from SC up there?
The tunnel looks wicked. The mud...not so much lol.

Great vids.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Its a good riding area, but I wouldn't recommend you driving 12 hours to go there. Again, its great trails but its probably not even a full days-worth of riding. There are other bigger and better places you can go much closer to you.

If you were set on doing a PA trip, you could probably hit Lost Trails one day, and SSRT (about 2 hours away) for another two days afterwards. SSRT is bigger, it spans through several towns.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its a good riding area, but I wouldn't recommend you driving 12 hours to go there. Again, its great trails but its probably not even a full days-worth of riding. There are other bigger and better places you can go much closer to you.

If you were set on doing a PA trip, you could probably hit Lost Trails one day, and SSRT (about 2 hours away) for another two days afterwards. SSRT is bigger, it spans through several towns.

Thanks. I'm always up for an adventure.
Something different.

My family reunion is up in Knobels Grove every August.
Maybe I should attend this year....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, we rode at Lost Trails last year. It is ok. The tunnel is cool and there is a small area with some good mud.
Sightseeing is nice from one overlook. But the rest of it just reminds you of riding on a mountain in the middle of a town.
We drove 3.5 hours to get there, but wouldn't do it again. It is definitely not a full days worth of riding.

If you are looking for a place to spend a weekend, check out Rock Run ATV Park. Now that is some fun riding!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Lost trails sucks! Was there once and never going back I guess it's ok if you like rocks and not going over 10 or 15 mph! Rock run is an awesome place probably the best riding in pa snow shoe used to be good till they shut everything down! EricH were you from? We should meet up and ride sometime. Nice quad!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lost trails sucks! Was there once and never going back I guess it's ok if you like rocks and not going over 10 or 15 mph! Rock run is an awesome place probably the best riding in pa snow shoe used to be good till they shut everything down! EricH were you from? We should meet up and ride sometime. Nice quad!
Hanover, PA actually.
I ride a lot at Michaux. Talk about rocks! I would not ride there without 6 plys.

I'm a bit of a newbie in here, but a PA members ride at Rock Run would be pretty cool! I ride mostly with my family. But sometimes a guy just needs to spend a day away for some 'fun time'.

And yeah, it appears you would like my quad! lol

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Headed back to Lost Trails Tomorrow.
I agree its pretty rocky which is fun here and there but not everywhere.
I guess they have bought an excavator and have been making the trails smoother.
For me its about an hour and a half away so I just like to ride something different every now and then. In NY places to ride are disappearing due to the fact NY sucks and the tree huggin hippies are slowly getting their way.

·
Premium Member
10,585 Posts
Headed back to Lost Trails Tomorrow.
I agree its pretty rocky which is fun here and there but not everywhere.
I guess they have bought an excavator and have been making the trails smoother.
For me its about an hour and a half away so I just like to ride something different every now and then. In NY places to ride are disappearing due to the fact NY sucks and the tree huggin hippies are slowly getting their way.
Amen!

·
Registered
619 Posts
idk guys, I kind of like the lost trails and it's rockiness. makes for a rough ride but there's plenty of technical spots. If that's your thing (it's mine), you might like it. I agree though that it's definitely not an entire day's worth of riding. I drive 90min to get there; idk if I'd drive too much further than that for 3 or 4 hrs of riding.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like technical also. But I enjoy a day of mixed trails. Fast, slow, rocky, muddy, hill climbs... etc.
Rocky all day can be a bit much. But I guess if they smoothed the trails out you would ride the whole place in even less time lol.
Either way its still a fun day of riding. If it were any further away I would probably not come though.

Now just a few hours East is Rock Run Recreation Park and that's worth the drive.
I'll be there Aug 7-10 this year for their big event. It's not going to be Fisher's Reunion but I'm sure it will be just as good. Fisher has ended the reunion.
I went last year and had a blast. Towed the 5th wheel down and camped out. Had 7 of us.
Maybe make a North East meet there for that event?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like technical also but prefer a good mix of trail riding.
Some fast, slow, hill climbs, mud.. etc.
Rocky all day can be a bit much.
If it were any further away I would probably not come though.

A little further East is Rock Run Recreation Park and that's worth the drive. I'm going there this August 7-10 for there big event. It's not going to be Fisher's Reunion but I'm sure it's still going to be fun.
towed the 5th wheel down and camped out last year.
had a blast.
Maybe we could set up a North East meet there for that event?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts