Premium Member
12,925 Posts

·
Registered
97 Polaris 500 sportsman 4x4 Indepedent shaft drive, 2000 Honda 450S foreman
297 Posts
Before we send it to Mythbusters, I’m voting it
“Plausible”
I am completely at a loss for words , has to be post mortem 😂…for the love of god and everything holy how in the hell would you ever be able to have those 2 items come in contact with each other 👀…that’s almost as funny as the blinker fluid ads😂😂😂😂😂…nice post i had my laugh for the day

·
Premium Member
2004 Sportsman 700, 2004 Scrambler 500, Various Others.
837 Posts
Before we send it to Mythbusters, I’m voting it
“Plausible”
I’m gonna vote busted. A 351ci Ford motor for example has a 3.5” stroke so that extension would not fit into the cylinder as is. Also, this could not happen while it was running because obviously it could not have gotten in there and capped off while it was running. I don’t think I know of a starter that has enough torque to push an extension completely through a piston anyway and I think that’s the only way this could happen.

Did I take that a little to seriously?

·
Premium Member
2004 Sportsman 700, 2004 Scrambler 500, Various Others.
837 Posts
Now that I look at it I see the square end still exposed so it didn’t go all the way through. I may lean towards plausible.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm with Scrappy. Even if you were able to get a 4 inch extension into the cylinder I don't see an engine starting with it in there so I assume you would be relying on the starter to crank the engine enough to push it through. I'm not an engineer or a mechanic so I don't know if it can or cannot, but I am also skeptical.

I also feel like if this did indeed happen, wouldn't the bottom of the extension be on the outer edge of the piston? I would think the extension would slide toward the outer edge of the piston/cylinder before it would build up enough force to bust through....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts