Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 2001 500 scrambler 2x4 last year but no where on the bike does it say high output or HO. I used to own a 99 500 HO 4x4 and it had alot more power than this one. did they even make a scrambler that wasnt a HO?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
98 was the old style 500's. 99 on up got the bigger carb. and all that jazz.
Maybe yours just needs a thorough going over, fresh plug,carb. cleaning, valves adjusted. they don't run on wishes and dreams.:)

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
69 Posts
98 was the old style 500's. 99 on up got the bigger carb. and all that jazz.
Maybe yours just needs a thorough going over, fresh plug,carb. cleaning, valves adjusted. they don't run on wishes and dreams.:)

I just bought a 2000 Scrambler. It does not say HO on the plastic so I assumed it was non-HO. How can I really tell? What is an old style 500? I keep reading conflicting information about how to tell and what year the HO started. I've seen anywhere from 1998 to 2001 as the first year for the HO. My engine says Fuji on it, I read one place that means its an HO, not sure if thats true.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes its a ho. Back 98 Polaris bumped the power up using a larger cam and bigger carb. This was a standard for making more power then in 2001 sportsman 500 needed a boost so the HO was born by grabbing the standard parts from the scrambler

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. That explains why the early HO Scramblers don't actually say HO on them. Great news for me. I got a smoking deal on this thing and that makes it even sweeter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts