Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished up installing my clutch kit from Ryan on here. QSC did their homework on these kits. It pulls so much harder then factory that it's not even funny. Really easy install and the best mod so far on my 13 850xp. Just wanted to give a big shout out to Ryan for all your help.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I feel the stock clutching is kinda soft. I'd like something a bit more aggressive. Can explain your thoughts on the kit? I'd like to know why you like it so much. Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the stock clutching is way soft and your losing out on so much bottom and midrange that you have to change something. With this kit it really wakes up your bottom and midrange, now you do lose out on some top end speed like 6-7mph but I don't need to go 80 anyways. It also eliminates the harsh reverse engagment that they are known for. Before I installed my kit I could stand on the throttle from a dead stop and it would in my mind slowly engage untill you were doing 10-15mph and then really hook up and go, even at 30-35 it was way soft. Now with this kit if you cob the gas it will stand straight up in the air and the midrange is neck snapping different. I would highly recommend a QSC kit to anyone from the hard core mudder to an average joe like myself just looking to get a little extra bang from your buck.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Comes with a couple shims for the primary spring so you can adjust from 1600, 1800, 2000, or 2200 depending on your preference and riding conditions and style. Most I recommend no shims which is the 1600 engagement. I am running the thin one in mine and still smooth but helps with my really heavy tires.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Chubby. Thanks for details. Good info.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You guys need to stop talking about how awesome these QSC clutch kits are... :shhh:
....makes me want to buy one....:lmao:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Yeah they make a huge difference. Even with my heavy Grippers, and my GF on the back, I can stand it up in hi range no problem. And now in gummy mud, you barely have to tap the gas to get all 4 wheels throwing mud. With the stock clutching, it would take about half throttle to get my wheels spinning in mud in low range.

I went with the thick washer (2000 rpm engagement), and kinda wish I would have gone with the thin one instead. Granted once you get used to it, the higher engagement isn't so bad.

·
Registered
115 Posts
What are you waiting for renegade? Christmas?
:( Need to fix a few things first, unfortunately no extra $ to spend on it at the moment. Perhaps after Christmas I'll be able to start working on it again. :yup: Once I spend $500 on parts to fix the few things that are wrong with it I plan on QSC kit, then new wheels and tires! :beerchug:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got a 2006 Sportsman 500 HO EFI, I have put a big gun exhaust, Big gun fuel controller and K&N air filter. I am currently running 25" Mud Wolf tires. I would really like to get a QSC Clutch kit but I hear that they are really only for larger tires.... Will this kit work well with my current 25" tires? Also will I be able to install this myself, will I need any special tools or do I need to take it to the dealer? Thanks
P.S. anyone have any knowledge on how to properly tune my bike with the fuel contorller?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have an 2011 850XP and a 2013 850XP, what do these kist run, I would really like to put one on my 2011.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
$230 shipped to your door I believe. There's no reason to wait to improve your stock machine just do it. It is very simple to install and really requires no special tools other then some creative thinking for the secondary, ready rod and some washers.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts