Polaris ATV Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Not sure our version of a smooth take off is the same thing LOL. I have both in mine now and in reverse it lunches hard and in my eyes hard to control. Forward not so bad because when I'm going forward I guess I'm more ready for it. But for some body every day trail riding I highly don't recommend both shims again just my .02.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mines smooth on slowly pulling out and In reverse I ride trails, mud, rocks I like both shims but like I said riders preference everyone's right thumb is different

·
Registered
125 Posts
And I guess tire size and tire weight has something to do with it as well

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
QSC ordered today, can't wait to get it installed!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I put the larger shim in with the clutch kit. From all the posts I was expecting a lot more, wheels won't even come off the ground. I'm gunna try iridium spark plugs and k&n air filter to see if possibly it's something simple.
Do you have a 500? Mine will pull the fronts up in low gear now with the thin shim, I mean it won't hang em straight up for as long as I had my thumb in the throttle like my old cat V Twin would but I realize its only a 1 lunger 500 lol. In high it won't (not that I would expect it too) unless I jumped on the back rack or something.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts