Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a tree come down on my rear rack and busted up the who fiberglass piece. Everything has bee bent back just fine and went to buy a new rack... $180! Why are they so expensive. Its just fiberglass isn't it? Probably just going to buy a used on on ebay.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You play you pay. I find any OEM parts are expensive maybe there is a aftermarket one available. But buyer beware because I find Polaris makes quality parts. And also I find OEM parts fit better. Hope you the best of luck finding a used one. You might also try contacting some ATV salvage yards.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
They are not fiberglass. ABS injection molded plastic. Far more durable. Bit 180$ seems a liitle pricy. Im sure you can find used.

Just seen a thread....USED PARTS-PART OUT ATVS.....I believe your machine /similar is on his list of models

·
Registered
376 Posts
I am thinking you are talking about the rear rack that goes over the complete back of the machine. yes 180 dollars is a lot of money but I sure hope you don't live in a dream world. Have you priced any OEM body parts or racks on any of the top name an model ATV's. Not cheap and if its the part I think you are talking about 180 dollars isn't that bad. I am going to say even a used one with shipping isn't going to be that much cheaper. Bike parts are $$$. I just payed 130 dollars for a battery for my HD cycle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts