Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been building my custom brush guard so I don't keep breaking the front bumper. I plan on building aluminum front rack and a low mount radiator relocation kit, so I can still us the high headlight.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Good job looks beefy!!

CW

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Looks like it should suit your needs..... but until you do your radiator relocation, do you really want to cover the radiator with that lower plate steel?

What do you plan to paint/cover it with? A little rattle-can spray on bed line would look good!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like it should suit your needs..... but until you do your radiator relocation, do you really want to cover the radiator with that lower plate steel?

What do you plan to paint/cover it with? A little rattle-can spray on bed line would look good!
I'm hoping it doesn't affect airflow too much to the radiator, but if it does I plan on having the radiator relocation done in a week or two.

I painted with a black rustoleum hammer tone. I thought about coating it with a bed liner but the material is porous and looks dirty all the time after it gets muddy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys. Here it is finished. I have the front rack about halfway done, then I will start the radiator mount.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
question, why didn't you put the sheet on the front of the frame? looks like it's just going to catch mud, and could potentially catch on something if you're really deep.

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts
I like it, the way you have it. I like the plate behind the frame. Looks good that way. There are other places that will catch mud - at least it'll be easy to hose off. Like you said, I would be concerned about covering the rad. but that may well be a non-issue. The fan can still pull air through the rad.

Good job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.