Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Do you have a test light to see if you have power at the winch when you hit the in/out switch? If so check that first. If you have power to the winch and its not working it may be faulty, make sure winch is not in free spool mode, positive and negative are hooked up properly. If no power at the winch work your way back checking in/out switch, fuses, connections ect...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Did you re-hook all your battery connections correctly and ground it properly to the frame. There is one positive connection that goes to a distribution block inside the left rear wheel well. Find that block and trace the big wire back to the battery. That would be my first suspect. Mine is an 09 550xp but I'm fairly sure they are the same on the electric end. I'm reading no power as in "to the bike" not just the winch.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry I just re-read and it sounds like you have no power to the bike at all? Will not start, gauges will not light up ect? I would start with the battery connections, make sure they are tight, and battery has a good charge. If so start checking fuses.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ummm feel stupid and thanks Y'all, but it was the red positive wire that goes to the distribution box I guess. Anyways my son found the wire hanging and not connected to the battery while I was in the shower. :bam:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts