Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry,
Had posted asking if Non Polaris owning ATV enthusiasts were allowed to participate on this forum and didn't get any response and took that as a no, so deleted my post.FF

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome. See my .SIG. I have Kawasaki and Polaris and a little Honda, so..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Many forum members have multiple brands of atv's. Heck, we even let Honda riders get on here sometimes! :grin

One of my first ATVs was the Honda Rubicon. Then the PoPo 350 followed by the 425. Both PoPos were a big service problem, Lost a shock mount, Rear axle mount broke' had to replace the front brake shoes every year; just for a starter.
The Honda 500 Rubicon had 9984 miles when I sold it and the only thing I had to do several times a year was change the oil.:grin

Sorry I did have to replace the tires several time on the Honda.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
PoPo3, They(Hondas) are(or at least were) an incredibly dependable machine, especially the manual shift transmission,(Or not the most comfortable riding machines) but when I was first looking at ATV's back in 2014, I went around to 5 different independent repair shops and asked which machine didn't they have in their shop for repairs, across the board it was Honda. One guy had an old beat up 94 Honda TRX 300 fourtrax sitting in his shop, he said that it belonged to a farmer that had used it every day doing the same thing every day for the last 20 years. I don't think there wasn't one piece of the plastics that weren't wired together or mended in some way, the racks were bent to crap, the seat had more duct tape on it than vinyl, and the tires were pretty bald. I asked him what was the matter with it, he said nothing it was just in there for a service. The guy didn't take very good care of it while he used it but was diligent and meticulous about having it serviced regularly. He had replaced cv joints, brakes, etc. but had never touched the engine or transmission. He had used it for the same daily routine driving it about 8 miles a day for 20 years, they figured it had 50,000 miles on it. Service is huge, my wife and I are pretty mellow riders and our machines are cleaned up after every ride, fully serviced at the end of each season and generally at least one oil change during the riding season depending on how much we ride. With our mountain trails there is a lot of up and down at slow speeds so things get warm. Plus we don't beat them up or ride through a lot of water, I think whatever we own should last us quite a while. One thing I've noticed on these Can Am's is there are a lot of grease zerks, I will diligently make use of them:grin FF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts