8,614 Posts
Somebody put that on there to absorb the vibration in the shift lever

Reactions: MrEd

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somebody put that on there to absorb the vibration in the shift lever
That's what I figured - I'm wondering if the zip ties that aren't actually on the hose are contributing to the rattling I'm hearing when driving. All of my exhaust heat shields seem secure.

·
Registered
216 Posts
those zip ties are keeping it from sliding out of position.
Sounds like they never solved the rattle.

·
13,201 Posts
Just ride it and pay no attention to rattles unless they get louder or change in pitch... Its a Polaris lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just ride it and pay no attention to rattles unless they get louder or change in pitch... Its a Polaris lol
I am incredibly OCD about getting rid of noises if I can. It's like a puzzle sitting unfinished on my table :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Understood, when our group has a new rider they have a ton of questions.
They tend to panic that some is failing, those of us on old bikes are like "nah thats normal" haha

One thing I will say, is do not ignore things like the bike being hard to shift or fluid change intervals and you will be fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Understood, when our group has a new rider they have a ton of questions.
They tend to panic that some is failing, those of us on old bikes are like "nah thats normal" haha

One thing I will say, is do not ignore things like the bike being hard to shift or fluid change intervals and you will be fine.
Thanks! I changed all my fluids right away (they were filthy - bike had 45 hours and I'm pretty sure nothing had been changed), and got my first greasing done. Now it's the littler things when I have free time. I think my rattling might actually be coming from the plastic on the right side of the bike hitting part of the exhaust heat shield - it looks like there is some foam installed there but it has worn thin. Is there a standard type of adhesive foam people use for parts that might hit?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've had luck with a spray adhesive and cleaning the spot really well with a goof off or oops type product.
Surface prep is key. Also check for broken body clips, the plastic push style, they can get loose over time.

I keep this kit that I got from Amazon.
I ordered the clip puller tool from Quad Logic and it came with a bag full of clips. I do have a couple that seem loose. Do you have a recommended foam to replace the stuff that seems worn with?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts