Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!! I'm having a hot debate(which is quickly turning into a fight)about whether or not regular automobile sparkplug wires can be used toreplace the wires on a 03 polaris 700 ATV? My opinion is (not!!).I don't know why,but I'm sure it has to do with something like Amperage or Voltage or something. Even though I'm a woman(which is why they won't listen to me), I'm sure there is a damd good reason!, I just don't know what it is.So if anybody out there can help me get this fight over with I would really really appreciate it. Hopefully I'm not the one full of **** and has to apologize.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Actually automotive wires can work on an ATV. I custom made my own wires from scraps that were given to me by an automotive performance shop. The most important thing is the resistance value of the wire. If it's too high, not enough juice will get to the spark plug. As previously stated, the spark plug boot is unique to this engine and must fit correctly to be watertight.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is this for real or a joke post. There's no debate to have. The wires and boots will work fine. Both Accel , MSD, and NGK make boots and wires for cars that will work and water tight on the ATVs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts